Dates and deadlines
Applications for August, 2020 will open in March, 2020.
The entrance examinations for CMI's academic programmes
will be held on Friday, 15 May, 2020. As usual, the BSc
exam will be held in the morning and all MSc/PhD exams will be
held in the afternoon.
Academic programmes offered at CMI
Admission will be made to the following programmes in
- There is a common entrance examination for both the
B.Sc. (Hons.) programmes. You need not select your course
at the time of applying. The choice can be made after
- For Ph.D. in Physics, candidates should write the
Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST).
Eligibility for Admission
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Undergraduate degree
(BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: Undergraduate
degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in
- M.Sc. in Data Science:
Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a background in
- Ph.D. in Mathematics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Math)/M.Sc.(Math).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc.(C.S.)/M.C.A.
- Ph.D. in Physics: M.Sc.(Physics).
How to Apply
You may apply online or request a printed application form,
either by post or in person.
For all programmes other than Ph.D. Physics, applicants will
have to take an entrance examination. The entrance examinations for
2019-20 were held on 15 May 2019 at the following
locations: Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Calicut,
Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad,
Imphal, Indore, Kanpur, Kolkata, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune,
Ranchi, Shillong, Silchar, Srinagar and Trivandrum.
For Ph.D. Physics, candidates should write the
Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST). There is no separate
CMI entrance examination for Ph.D. Physics.
Selection for all Ph.D. programmes will involve an interview
at Chennai for shortlisted candidates. For all other programmes,
interviews will be at the discretion of the Admissions
Committee—the Committee may call shortlisted candidates for
an interview depending on their prior academic record.
Fees and scholarships
For details about fees and scholarships, please look up the
Information Brochure or the pages with more detailed information about the
For more information, please write to email@example.com.