Admissions for August, 2018
Applications for August, 2018 are closed.
Here is the schedule for applications for the session
starting in August, 2018 (academic year
Applications open (online and paper): Monday, 5 March, 2018
Last date of issue of paper applications : Friday, 6 April, 2018
Last date to fill out online applications,
(including online payments),
and for paper applications to reach CMI : Saturday, 7 April, 2018,
Last date for updating DD details online : Tuesday, 10 April, 2018, 23:59 IST
Last date for DDs to reach CMI : Monday, 16 April, 2018
Admit Cards to be available online : Monday, 30 April, 2018
Date of the Entrance Examination : Tuesday, 15 May, 2018
- Date of announcement of results : Before Tuesday, 19 June, 2018
- Interviews :
- PhD Mathematics : Monday, 11 June, 2018 - Wednesday 13 June, 2018
- MSc Mathematics : Thursday, 14 June, 2018 - Saturday 16 June, 2018
- Dates of the other interviews will be announced later.
Academic programmes offered at CMI
Admission will be made to the following programmes in 2018-19.
Note: There is a common entrance
examination for both the B.Sc. (Hons.) programmes. You
need not select your course at the time of applying. The
choice can be made after admission.
Eligibility for Admission
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Undergraduate degree
(BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: Undergraduate
degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in
- M.Sc. in Data Science:
Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a background in
- Ph.D. in Mathematics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Math)/M.Sc.(Math).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc.(C.S.)/M.C.A.
- Ph.D. in Physics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Physics)/M.Sc.(Physics).
How to Apply
When admissions are open, you may apply online or request a
printed application form, either by post or in person.
For all the programmes, applicants will have to take an
entrance examination. The entrance examinations for 2018 will
take place on Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at the following cities:
Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chandigarh,
Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore,
Kanpur, Kolkata, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Ranchi,
Shillong, Silchar, Srinagar and Trivandrum.
Selection for all Ph.D. programmes will involve an interview
at Chennai. For all other programmes, interviews will be at the
discretion of the Admissions Committee—the Committee may
call shortlisted candidates for an interview depending on their
prior academic record.
For details about fees and scholarships, please look up the
For more information, please write to email@example.com.