Admissions for August, 2015
Applications for August, 2015 have closed on
April 17, 2015.
If you have already applied, you can look up
Procedure for links to log in to the online application page
and check the status of your application.
Admit Cards will be available from May 1, 2015.
Instructions will be posted on this website.
If you qualify for direct admission to the undergraduate
programme as an Olympiad student and you have not yet applied to CMI,
you can request a form by writing to
If you have already applied for CMI's PhD programmes, you may
qualify for a direct interview if you have written the NBHM
exam (for Mathematics) and JEST (for Computer Science and
Physics). To check if you qualify, please send an email with
your CMI Applicant ID and your NBHM/JEST score to the following
For details about fee structure and hostel accommodation,
please download the
Academic programmes offered at CMI
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science
(3 year integrated course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics
(3 year integrated course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Applications of Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Physics.
Note: There is a common entrance
examination for both the B.Sc. (Hons.) programmes. You
need not select your course at the time of applying. The
choice can be made after admission.
Eligibility for Admission
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: B.Sc.(Math)/B.Math/B.Stat/B.E./B.Tech.
- M.Sc. in Applications of Mathematics: B.Sc.(Math/Physics/Statistics)/B.Math/B.Stat/B.E./B.Tech.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(C.S.)/B.C.A. or B.Sc.(Math) with a strong background in C.S.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Math)/M.Sc.(Math).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc.(C.S.)/M.C.A.
- Ph.D. in Physics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Physics)/M.Sc.(Physics).
How to Apply
When admissions are open, you may apply online or request a
printed application form, either by post or in person.
For all the programmes, applicants will have to take an
entrance examination. The entrance examination for 2015
admissions will take place on Monday, 18 May, 2015. The
entrance examination centres for 2015 are as follows: Ahmedabad,
Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chennai, Coimbatore,
Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Kolkata, Madurai, Mumbai,
Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Shillong, Silchar, Srinagar and
Selection for all Ph.D. programmes will involve an interview
at Chennai. For all other programmes, interviews will be at the
discretion of the Admissions Committee—the Committee may
call shortlisted candidates for an interview depending on their
prior academic record.
All students receive handsome scholarships that meet all expenses.
B.Sc. (Hons.) students receive a scholarship of Rs. 4000 per month,
M.Sc. students receive a scholarship of Rs. 6000 per month and
Ph.D. scholarships start at Rs. 16000 per month. Students of
B.Sc. (Hons.) also receive an
additional monthly scholarship of Rs. 1000, made possible through
generous private donations.
For more information, please write to email@example.com.