Admissions for August, 2017
Applications for August, 2017 have closed on April 08,
If you have already applied online, you can login to
Form and check your details.
Admit Cards will be available from May 1, 2017.
Instructions will be posted.
For details about fee structure and hostel accommodation,
please download the
Here is the schedule for applications for the session
starting in August, 2017 (academic year 2017–2018).
- Applications open (online and paper): Wednesday, 8 March, 2017
Last date of issue of paper applications : Friday, 7 April, 2017
Last date to fill out online applications,
(including online payments),
and for paper applications to reach CMI : Saturday, 8 April, 2017,
Last date for updating DD details
online : Tuesday, 11
April, 2017, 23:59 IST.
The online form is
closed. Please send your DD details with your Application ID
by email to email@example.com.
Last date for DDs to reach CMI : Saturday, 15 April, 2017
- Date of the Entrance Examination : Thursday, 18 May, 2017
- Date of announcement of results : Before Tuesday, 20 June, 2017
Academic programmes offered at CMI
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science
(3 year course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics
(3 year course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Applications of Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Physics.
Note: There is a common entrance
examination for both the B.Sc. (Hons.) programmes. You
need not select your course at the time of applying. The
choice can be made after admission.
Eligibility for Admission
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Undergraduate degree
(BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in
- M.Sc. in Applications of Mathematics:
Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a background in
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: Undergraduate
degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in
- Ph.D. in Mathematics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Math)/M.Sc.(Math).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science: B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc.(C.S.)/M.C.A.
- Ph.D. in Physics: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc.(Physics)/M.Sc.(Physics).
How to Apply
When admissions are open, you may apply online or request a
printed application form, either by post or in person.
For all the programmes, applicants will have to take an
entrance examination. The entrance examinations for 2017 will
take place on Thursday, 18 May, 2017. The entrance examination
for 2017 will be conducted at centres in the following cities:
Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chennai,
Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Kolkata,
Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Shillong, Silchar,
Srinagar and Trivandrum.
Selection for all Ph.D. programmes will involve an interview
at Chennai. For all other programmes, interviews will be at the
discretion of the Admissions Committee—the Committee may
call shortlisted candidates for an interview depending on their
prior academic record.
All students receive handsome scholarships that meet all expenses.
B.Sc. (Hons.) students receive a scholarship of Rs. 4000 per month,
M.Sc. students receive a scholarship of Rs. 6000 per month and
Ph.D. scholarships start at Rs. 25000 per month. Students of
B.Sc. (Hons.) also receive an
additional monthly scholarship of Rs. 1000, made possible through
generous private donations.
For more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.