This page gives links to write-ups prepared either for my own understanding of a research paper or for presenting a textbook portion or research paper to others.
If you are looking for course notes, go to the Courses section.Presentations I gave outside:
- A write-up on the combinatorics of the general linear group: This write-up is based on the same content that I gave in a talk on the subject at the Ecole Normale Superieure, and is related to work I did in the months of May-June at the ENS, under the guidance of Professor Olivier Schiffmann.
- A presentation on Kostant's paper: I delivered this presentation to conclude my Visiting Students' Research Programme at TIFR. It was based on the paper "Lie Group Representations of Polynomial Rings" by Bertram Kostant.
- A write-up on a Proof of the Whitney embedding theorem: This was the basis for a student seminar I have in the Elementary Differential Geometry course taught by Dr. C. S. Aravinda.
- A write-up on Artin's theorem: This was the basis of a student seminar I gave in the "Representation Theory of Finite Groups" course taught by Professor Senthamarai Kannan.
- A sketchy write-up on Hard-core measures: This was the basis of a student seminar I have in the Computational Complexity II course taught by Professor V. Arvind. Get more details about that course (along with scribed notes) here.
- The direct product problem
- Coaxial circles, triangle centers and the nullstellensatz: An introductory talk on algebraic geometry
- Simple groups and the Classification Problem (Part 1)
- Trigonometric functions and Fourier series (Part 1)
- Trigonometric functions and Fourier series (Part 2)
- Simple groups and the Classification Problem (Part 2): This talk covered various aspects of Sylow theory.
- The story of the symmetric group (Part 1) focusses on the combinatorial aspects.
- Conjugacy class-representation duality and the Extensible Automorphisms Problem
- Approximating solutions
- The Heat Equation
- Semidirect products and the Extensible Automorphisms Problem (Part 2)
- The story of the symmetric group (Part 2)