Before joining CMI, I worked at SAS from 2010-2013 as Software Engineer. I did my Ph.D. (2008) in Statistics, from the University of Connecticut, USA and did my postdoctoral work at Duke University and SAMSI, during 2008-2010. I did M.Sc. in Statistics from Calcutta University (2003) and B.Sc. from St. Xavier's College, Calcutta (2001). In 2018, I was awarded the UK Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowship and visited Prof Sujit Sahu at University of Southampton.
My area of expertise is in Bayesian Statistics and Macine Learning. I also work in Quantitative Finance and Environmental Statistics.
- Manjula, Pursuing PhD at IGCAR
- Alka Yadav, Pursuing PhD at JNU
Past Ph.D. Student
- Rajiv Sambasivan, Ph.D. from CMI, (2019), Thesis Title: Some Computational Approaches for Machine Learning on Big Datasets
Past M.Sc. Student
- Purba Das, did MSc research work at CMI on Functional Data Analysis. Currently pursuing Ph.D. at Oxford University, UK
- Aritra Halder, did MSc research work at CMI on Dirichlet Process prior. Currently pursuing Ph.D. at University of Connecticut, USA
- Rajdeep Halder, MSc at ISER Pune, did MSc research work at CMI, with me and my colleague Priyavrat Deshpande on Topological Data Analysis